About Wimborne Minster
Wimborne Minster is a thriving market town in East Dorset with great shopping, facilities, restaurants, accommodation and attractions to appeal to everyone.
Easily accessed by car from all directions via the A31, A35 and B3081, there is ample parking close to the town centre. Wimborne Minster also has great public transport links from surrounding towns with town centre stops. The town also has several cycle ways and cycle storage.
The Town boasts a wonderful mix of chain shops and independent retailers in the Square and surrounding roads, including East Street, West Street, Crown Mead and West Borough, linked together by quaint walk-through paths. Discover riverside walks, alfresco dining and opportunities to watch the rich wildlife on the banks of the rivers Stour, Allen and Whim that meander through the town.
Wimborne Minster is immersed in a varied history, preserved and on-show in the Minster Church of Cuthburga, Priest’s House Museum and Gardens, Wimborne Model Town, as well as many beautiful buildings disguising wonderful stories.
The Town takes great pride in its appearance and often wins awards for its floral displays.
Wimborne Minster supports a population of 6,000 people plus residents from nearby Colehill, Stapehill, Corfe Mullen and Broadstone. There is an excellent range of services for residents including doctors, local hospital, schools, health and social care and local supermarkets, butchers, greengrocers, a fishmonger and baker. There are many voluntary organisations that provide social and educational activities, including WI, Rotary, U3A.
If the information on this website cannot answer your question please do contact:
Wimborne Tourist Information Centre 01202 886116
Wimborne BID Office 01202 888992
A vacancy has arisen for a volunteer Press Officer for the Wimborne BID. This follows the retirement of Joan Tidd who has been looking after the editorial on the BID …
DORSET COUNTY COUNCIL has issued a Public Notice of the temporary closure of various roads during the Wimborne Folk Festival from 7th - 9th June under Ref. 13/1016 …
BAKE AND CRAFT SALE CAUSES A STIR! Wimborne Minster was buzzing on Sunday 12th May when two special events got underway. Both were a first for Wimborne and, because of their …
A parked car exploded in East Street, Wimborne on Saturday afternoon 11th May sending clouds of black acrid smoke drifting through the surrounding area. Several police …
© Wimborne BID 2013. Website designed by PI Marketing Limited, Wimborne. v1.08
Other News Articles
- Volunteer Press Officer needed for the Wimborne BID
- The Tickled Pig celebrates - with a party!
- ROAD CLOSURES DURING WIMBORNE FOLK FESTIVAL
- FAIRS SET WIMBORNE BUZZING!
- WHEELS ON FIRE!
- SHOPLIFTER SEIZED IN WIMBORNE
- TOWN CRIERS COMPETE IN WIMBORNE
- MOONFLEET - a classic adventure!
- May Celebrations
- Town Maintenance
- Dance around the Maypole in Wimborne Minster
- FROM BUSKERS TO RIFLES, SCOUTS AND DRAGONS!
- SONGS IN THE SUN AT BUSKERS BASH
- Spring garden wins Dumbleton Shield
- ROSES MARK ST. GEORGE'S DAY
- Car Park Scheme Draw Winner
- FORMULA 1 DAY - WET - BUT WORTH IT!
- BID welcomes a new volunteer
- ENTER BEST SPRING GARDEN COMPETITION
- Wine & Wisdom Quiz a sell-out success!
- View All News Articles >>